Porting Ethereum Contract
In most cases, you can use Ethereum contracts on Klaytn without any modification. However, be aware of the following two issues.
- Baobab network is currently compatible with London Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
- Cypress network is currently compatible with London Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
Backward compatibility is not guaranteed with other EVM versions on Klaytn. Thus, it is highly recommended compiling Solidity code with the correct target option according to the protocol upgrade status.
- Baobab: --evm-version london
- Cypress: --evm-version london
- Others(private/service chain): determined according to the protocol upgrade status
An example command is shown below:
$ solc --evm-version london contract.sol
Klaytn decouples key pairs from addresses. If user updates account, the private key for a specific account is replaced with another one. Most cases this will not affect your business logic. However if your business logic includes ecrecover, you should consider using validateSender. For more details, refer to here.