Klaytn Wallet is a browser-based account management tool for dApp (decentralized application) developers on Klaytn. It helps developers create new accounts or view existing account information directly through a web browser without having to run a Klaytn node locally. Klaytn Wallet also lets users transfer KLAY or Klaytn tokens to other accounts for testing purposes.
Please note: Klaytn Wallet is should be used for development and testing purposes only. Do NOT use Klaytn Wallet for commercial or personal use, including storage or transfer of KLAY or Klaytn tokens. Klaytn Wallet has NOT been tested for commercial-level security and may be vulnerable to malicious attacks. Klaytn Wallet stores user's private key in the browser's local storage, which may be susceptible to attacks that exploit the browser's security vulnerabilities.
Klaytn Wallet provides the following list of features.
- Account and key management
- Create a new account
- Load existing account using the private key or keystore file
- Download a new keystore file
- Asset management
- View account balance
- Add tokens to the wallet
- Transfer KLAY and Klaytn tokens
- Baobab testnet KLAY faucet
You can use Klaytn Wallet to create new Klaytn accounts. To create a new account, click the
Create Accountbutton on the menu bar on the left, and then follow the steps below.
- Step 1. Set password for your new account's keystore file
- Step 2. Download the keystore file to your local storage
- Step 3. Save your new account's Klaytn Wallet Key
- NEVER share your 'Wallet Key' or 'private key' with anyone. Giving information about your 'Wallet Key' or 'private key' means giving away complete and permanent access to your account.
- Do not keep this information on a device connected to the Internet. Hackers can steal your credentials from your local storage.
- Choose a strong password and store critical information in multiple locations.
- Klaytn is UNABLE to restore 'Wallet Key' or 'private key' in case you lose it. Take utmost care not to lose your key information.
As the first step in creating a new account, you must create a password for your keystore file. A keystore file is a JSON file that securely stores your Klaytn account information, including the account's address and the private key associated with the account. A keystore file's password must be strong enough to meet Klaytn's security standard, as the password protects the private key stored within the file.
When you click the password input form, a tooltip will appear above and it will show you, as you type in, if the entered password satisfies the security requirements. If your password meets all the requirements,
Next Stepbutton will be activated. !
In the second step, you download the keystore file that has been encrypted with the submitted password. Click the
Download & Next Stepbutton to immediately download the keystore file and move on to the last step. (Note that if the downloaded keystore file gets lost, you can download a new keystore file in the
View Account Infomenu.)
In the final step, you are shown the Wallet Key and the private key corresponding to your newly created account. You are strongly encouraged to store the key in a separate, disconnected storage.
To check your account's balance of KLAY or Klay tokens, or to transfer tokens to another account, you need to access your account. Klaytn Wallet offers two ways to access your account.
- Using Klaytn Wallet Key or Private Key A Klaytn Wallet Key is a string of 110 hexadecimal characters associated with an account, whereas a private key is a string of 64 hexadecimal characters (The character count does not include the "0x" prefixes that indicate hexadecimal numbers. If we count them in, a Klaytn Wallet Key is 112 characters long, and a private key is 66 characters long). Using one's private key should always be the last-ditch effort of access, only to be utilized when all else fails. This should not be the main road for anyone to access their accounts. Private keys are the most sensitive information because private keys allow complete access to an account. Therefore, it is extremely important to keep your private key safe, secure, and secret.
- Keystore file and password A keystore file is a JSON file that stores encrypted private key and account address information. This file is encrypted using the user-provided password.
To access your account, click the
View Account Infobutton from the menu bar on the left, and go to the
Private Keytab on the screen. Enter the Klaytn Wallet Key or private key for the account you wish to access in the input box.
Accessbutton to go to your account page. If the key information you provided does not conform to any key format, the
Accessbutton will not be active.
Go to the
Keystore Filetab on the screen.
Uploadbutton, and locate your keystore file.
Enter the password corresponding to the selected keystore file, and click the
Accessbutton to go to your account page.
On this page, you can check your account's address, private key, and Klaytn Wallet Key information. On the right side of the page, you can check the balance of your KLAY and other Klaytn tokens. Using Klaytn Wallet to check account balance is recommended for blockchain application developers who do not wish to unlock their accounts every time a balance check is needed, for security reasons.
Klaytn Wallet supports KLAY and Klaytn tokens to be registered so that their balances can be checked. To register Klaytn tokens to Klaytn Wallet, please follow the steps below.
Click the '+' button in the bottom-right of the screen in the
Token Contract Address, and
Decimals. After clicking the
Savebutton, you will see the token listed in your account's balance section.
You can send KLAY or Klaytn tokens to other accounts using Klaytn Wallet. When sending KLAY or tokens, you must have the minimum amount of KLAY in your account to pay for the transaction fee.
Either click the
Send KLAY & Tokenbutton from the menu bar on the left, or the same button on the main page.
Select the token to transfer in
Step 1. Select Tokensarea.
After selecting the token to send, move on to
Step 2. Enter the informationsection and fill in the necessary information (
Amount to Send), then click the
A confirmation page will appear. Double check the amount to transfer and the recipient address. If everything is correct, click
Yes, I'm sure. Otherwise, you can go back to the previous page to edit the token transfer information.
Your transaction request is completed. You can check the status of the transaction on the Klaytnscope. Clicking the
View Transaction Infowill launch Klaytnscope to show the transaction details.
To receive testnet KLAY, you should have a valid Klaytn account.
The requested page will show your address and the current testnet KLAY balance of your account.
Run Faucetbutton will send you 5 testnet KLAY and your balance will be updated. Note that you can run the faucet for each account once every 24 hours.